2 – 3 July 2016
Come to Brunel and celebrate our 50th Anniversary with fellow alumni. Share stories, meet up with your old friends and enjoy a host of anniversary events. Families are welcome too. If you’re keen to join us, you can book your general ticket for each day below.
Your full programme for the weekend can be collected from our Registration Desk in the Eastern Gateway Building from 12noon – 5.00pm on each day. If you’d like to see what’s taking place, you can download a programme here and check out some event highlights below…
Entry to the Alumni Weekend is FREE with the exception of selected items with an asterisk (*) for which you will need to buy a ticket and book your place in advance.
We can also help you arrange a reunion on the day. Just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get the word out to others in your class.
Saturday 2 July – Celebration Fete
The event kicks off at 12noon, with all activities free to attend unless specified. A full programme will be available on the day from our Registration Desk, but a few highlights for the day include:
- Comedy Night – featuring Jo Brand and a host of other alumni (8.00pm – 10.00pm) (over 18s only)* BOOK YOUR TICKET
- Alumni Dinner (*TICKETS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR BOOKING UNTIL 12NOON, TUESDAY 28 JUNE*) – continue the reunion into the evening with a meal for your group (6.00pm)* BOOK YOUR TICKET
- Get hands-on with our ‘found poetry’ Creative Writing workshop (12.30pm – 2.30pm) or our Reading Group, looking at Jonathan Coe’s latest novel, Number 11 (2.00pm – 3.00pm) – register your interest for the sessions at email@example.com
- Enjoy family-fun activities including: bouncy castle, face painting, giant garden games, funfair stalls and a photo booth (12noon – 5.00pm)
- Get your skates on at our Roller Disco (12noon – 3.00pm) or dance the night away at the Silent Disco (8.00pm – 11.00pm)
- Take in a performance from our current students in A Major Catastrophe: A New Musical (4.00pm – 5.00pm) or pull up a deckchair on the Quad and listen to some live music (12noon – 5.00pm)
- Watch a screening of ‘A Clockwork Orange’ (3.30pm – 6.00pm) (over 18s only)
- Hear from our Vice Chancellor in her ‘Welcome to the Weekend’ talk (12.30pm – 1.00pm) and hear from our academics in a lively discussion on the EU Referendum (1.00pm – 2.00pm) and lecture about our current research at CERN (2.00pm – 3.00pm)
- Catch up with old classmates at our subject Drinks Receptions
- Explore the campus, visit some of our labs and view exhibitions of photos and memorabilia through the years
- Take a tour of the Library and, guided by our Librarians, view exciting displays from our special collections
- Bars, refreshments and a range of food concessions available including free tea & cake, and Locos, our student bar open for drinks, a game of pool and football on the big screen!
- …and much more!
Sunday 3 July – Sports Day
The event kicks off at 12noon, and it’s all about digging out your sports kit! A full programme will be available on the day from our Registration Desk, but a few highlights for the day include:
- Take part in team or individual sports – or come along to support (12noon – 5.00pm)
- We’ll be hosting matches in 7 a-side Football, Netball, Tennis, Basketball, Wheelchair Basketball, Squash and Rugby Union for anyone keen to get involved (12noon – 5.00pm). Register an interest in joining a team for your sport of choice or let us know if you have a team keen to take part: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compete against alumni, staff and students
- Anniversary medal for all competitors
- Enjoy a complimentary BBQ throughout the day (12noon – 5.00pm)
- Start your day ready for all the sporting action with breakfast in our Lancaster Hotel & Spa (7.30am – 10.00am)
- Explore the campus and view exhibitions of photos and memorabilia through the years (12noon – 5.00pm)
- Take a self-guided tour of the Library and view exciting displays from our special collections (12noon – 5.00pm)
- Closing Concert – round off the weekend with live music from our 7-piece music student alumni band, ‘The Blimey O’Rileys’ (6.30pm – 8.30pm / pre-show bar from 5.30pm)
If you are planning on driving, there will be no parking restrictions on campus across the weekend and no need for permits or pay & display. Please head for any red dot or white parking bay.
Keen to stay on campus during your visit for our reunion activities?
We have two options available that are LIVE FOR BOOKINGS. These include our campus-based Lancaster Hotel & Spa or, if you’re keen to relive your student days, our self-catered, en suite Halls of Residence.